Characteristics of Scrum:-
- Scrum team members are Self-organized and focused.
- Scrum works on lean documentation i.e less document required. They have a very precise and to the point stories.
- The teams work together as a single unit.
- Has a definite timeline of maximum one month.
- Scrum help to develop project in many small parts.
- Resources capability and availability are considered before committing anything.
Above all a great scrum team consists a product owner who maximises value, a scrum master who help team to improve continuously and last but not the least a team who focus on delivering high quality product.
Now let’s discuss one by one
- Product Owner –
A product owner (PO) is responsible for:
- Developing product vision and market strategy.
- Maintain product backlogs and order them according to necessity.
- Involving stakeholders and end users of product.
- Scrum Master –
Scrum master is ensuring that the scrum team is following scrum theory, practices and rules. The Scrum Master is a servant-leader for the Scrum Team.
Scrum master act as..
- Servant-Leader, who take care of team member’s needs, achieving the result in line with organisation values, principle and business objective.
- A good coach, coaching the individual with a focus on mind-set and behaviour, the team in continuous improvement and the organization in truly collaborating with the Scrum team.
- Facilitator, by setting the stage and provide clear boundaries in which the team can collaborate.
- Manager, responsible for managing team’s health, processes and managing team culture.
- Mentor, that transfers agile knowledge and experience to the team.
- The Development Team –
Scrum Guide the Development Team consists of professionals who do the work of delivering a potentially releasable Increment of “Done” product at the end of each Sprint. Team Creates the increment of product. The resulting synergy optimizes the Development Team’s overall efficiency and effectiveness.
Development Teams have the following characteristics –
- Self-organizing. They decide how to turn Product Backlog Items into working solutions.
- No titles use in scrum, everyone is a developer.
- Committed to achieving the Sprint Goal and delivering a high quality increment.