Software Development Lifecycle:
Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) Refers to Processes used to plan, create, test and deploy an information system. It consist a detail plan how a system is going to develop, how to maintain and replace specific software.
SDLC metrology helps to improve software development quality and overall development.
Basically it consists 6 steps:
- Gather Requirement
- Requirement Gathering: Understand the user requirements and user business goals.
- Design: Design the software UI and back-end Structures i.e database.
- Development: In development phase, developer do the coding on selected development platform.
- Testing: Once development activity has finished, testing activity takes place. In this phase tester verify the system functionality against the requirement.
- Deployment: Given to the users in a production and utilize the system.
- Maintenance: Bug Fixes and other updates needed in the system.
Following figure will help you to understand the SDLC process flow.